The Community Safety Fund grants provide funding for communities in Victoria to implement locally based crime prevention solutions.
Eligible projects must address a crime prevention issue within a local community.
Up to $10,000 (GST excl) per project.
Who can apply?
Victorian councils and community groups are eligible to apply.
Government agencies, including Victoria Police, schools and educational institutions are not eligible.
Applications are now open.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 1 July 2016. Late applications cannot be submitted.
- Grant Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Factsheet - Lighting Projects
- Factsheet - Security Alarm Systems
- Factsheet - Fencing Projects
This short video also contains useful tips on how to prepare a Community Safety Fund application.
Other helpful information is also available to download from the right of this page and in the resources section of our website.
Types of projects that may be funded
- security equipment and infrastructure such as locks, vandal proof security lighting, security screens, alarm (without video surveillance), fencing and gates.
- activities engaging the community in small scale improvements and upgrades to public spaces such as streetscapes, parks and reserves to improve community use of these areas.
- education and awareness initiatives targeting theft of and from motor vehicles, theft of personal property in public places, residential burglary and retail burglary.
Education and awareness initiatives
Those interested in delivering education and awareness initiatives are encouraged to visit the Help Yourself campaign website and view the feature stories on the Keep It Close and Gone in a Moment campaigns. Print materials developed for these campaigns can be made available to successful Community Safety Fund grant applicants upon request.
Check out some of the projects we have previously funded on the Featured Projects page of this website.