The Public Safety Infrastructure Fund grants (Council infrastructure grants) are for the development of public safety and security infrastructure to improve community safety and confidence in public places.
Up to $250,000 (GST excl) for any one council. Minimum application: $10,000.
Who can apply?
Victorian councils only.
Applications are now open.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 2 September 2016. Late applications cannot be submitted.
- Grant guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Project plan template
- Budget plan template
- Funding Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Safer Design Guidelines
- Fact sheet: Engaging Victoria Police in public safety infrastructure projects (including CCTV systems)
- Fact sheet: How the Crime Statistics Agency can help you with Public Safety Infrastructure grants
Other helpful information is also available to download from the right of this page and in the resources section of our website.
An information forum for council staff was held on Thursday 16 June 2016 with key speakers giving tips, advice and issues for consideration in developing project proposals. Case study presentations on projects previously funded under the Public Safety Infrastructure Fund program were also provided.
View the videos or download the presentation slides by clicking on the links below.
- Chris Arnett, Community Crime Prevention - Program overview and What Makes a Good Public Safety Infrastructure Fund Application and Project
- Fiona Dowsley & Brad Petry, Crime Statistics Agency - Crime data and evidence for applications
- Zorka Dunstan, Victoria Police - Providing Information and Evidence
- Jessica Christiansen-Franks, CoDesign Studios - CoDesign and Place Making
- Marg Scanlon, Hobsons Bay City Council - Case Study: Lohse Street Reserve Safety Improvements
- Sofia Anapliotis, & Lucy Midolo, Wyndham City Council - Case Study – Lighting Station Place Werribee
- Anika Dell , Community Crime Prevention, CCTV considerations
Types of projects to be funded
- streetscape and amenity improvements in public areas designed to minimise the risk of crime and support safe behaviour
- vandal resistant lighting systems and other physical security or safety measures
- physical elements of public place Closed Circuit Television systems (CCTV).
Check out some of the projects we have previously funded on the Featured Projects page of this website.
For general enquiries about these grants, email email@example.com or phone 1300 221 249.
For technical issues when applying online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9320 6888 on this website when the grants open.