Strong Men, Strong Communities Project
Lead agency: Lakes Entrance Aboriginal Health Association
This project is working with Aboriginal men in six towns across East Gippsland, to prevent all forms of family and community violence. It aims to increase the safety of families and communities by building the capacity of Aboriginal men to choose alternatives to violence and by providing opportunities for men to become leaders and mentors.
Family and Community Violence Prevention
Lead agency: Mildura Aboriginal Corporation
This project aims to create a large network of Koories who have an increased capacity to deal with issues that compromise their safety. The project will achieve this by providing a range of gender specific activities, with some activities based on proven projects and others being developed as part of this project.
Aboriginal Family Violence Harmony Project
Lead agency: Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative
This project is providing a series of activities that promote anti-violence prevention for Aboriginal communities in the Greater Shepparton area. Some activities will be gender and age specific, while others will involve families or all participants coming together.
Strong Relationships, Strong Community Project
Lead agency: Victorian Aboriginal Health Service
This project aims to increase understanding of violence, provide skill development that increases community safety, and increase Koori community participation in mediation services.
- Koori Community Safety Grants - Interim Evaluation
- Preventing Violence against Women: A Framework for Action (VicHealth)
- Reducing Violence Against Women and their Children (RVAWC) - Summary of Interim Evaluation Reports
- Reducing Violence Against Women and their Children - Community of Practice
- Reducing Violence against Women and their Children Grant Information
- Reducing Violence against Women and their Children Information Sheet