Applications for the 2019-20 Community Safety Fund are scheduled to open 26 August 2019.
Eligible projects must address a crime prevention issue within a local community.
Up to $10,000 (GST excl.) per project.
Who can apply?
Victorian councils and community groups are eligible to apply.
Government agencies, including Victoria Police, schools and educational institutions are not eligible to apply, but may be partners in a project.
Types of projects that may be funded
- security equipment and infrastructure such as locks, vandal-proof security lighting, security screens, alarms (without video surveillance), fencing and gates
- activities engaging the community in small-scale, physical improvements and upgrades to public spaces such as streetscapes, parks and reserves to improve community use of these areas
- education and awareness initiatives targeting theft of and from motor vehicles, theft of personal property in public places, residential burglary and retail burglary.
Tips for applying
This short video also contains useful tips on how to prepare a Community Safety Fund application.
The following resources provide useful information for developing a crime prevention and community safety project.
- Designing a crime prevention education and awareness campaign
- Improving lighting to prevent crime
- Security alarms as a crime prevention
- Fencing as a crime prevention tool
We have also developed an extensive list of resources and websites which may help to inform your education and awareness campaigns, as well as provide key information about the targeted crime types under the Community Safety Fund.
For general enquiries about these grants, email email@example.com or phone 1300 221 249.
For technical issues when applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9320 6888 when the grants are open.