Applications for the Community Safety Infrastructure Grants are now closed.
The Community Safety Infrastructure Grants support improved public infrastructure to strengthen community safety, security and confidence in public places and support local economic activity.
Projects must have a primary focus on strengthening public safety and security infrastructure to help prevent crime and improve perceptions of safety using situational or environmental approaches.
Grants between $25,000 and $500,000 (GST excl) are available per application.
Who can apply?
Victorian councils and not-for-profit community organisations that own or manage community facilities.
Applications are now open and close at 4.00pm on Friday 17 July 2020. Late applications cannot be submitted.
Types of projects that may be funded
- upgrades to community centres, sporting facilities, and parks that increase the safety and use of these community spaces
- security upgrades to places of worship, and physical protection measures such as streetscaping or bollards.
A number of resources are available to assist with the development of Community Safety Infrastructure Grants applications and projects. These include:
- Fencing as a crime prevention tool
- Designing better lighting
- Security alarm systems
- Public art and murals
- Engaging a security contractor
- Gender-sensitive design
- Applying a placemaking approach
- Applying for funding to install CCTV
Case studies of featured projects
Case studies of previously funded projects have been provided as an indication of the type of activities that could be funded through this program. More case studies can be found on our featured projects page
For general enquiries about these grants, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 221 249.
For technical issues when applying online, email email@example.com or phone (03) 9320 6888 on this website when the grants open